Thursday, February 25, 2010

Possibilites

Friday, Feb. 26, 2010

Well, it has been a couple days since I have posted, and I have a kind of a lot to update on. So a while ago, I emailed the preschool owner again to ask if there was any way that I could be hired as an unqualified teacher, or what could I do to be qualified or even unqualified, or if she had any advice, since nothing was coming up for me. I hadn't heard back from her, so that was that.

I got a few more rejection letters, but nothing new. I went to the Botanical Gardens again and looked for the rose garden. I found a really nice and shady bench that was in a secluded area and sat down. The bench had writing on it that said, " Our Secret Place." I thought that was cute. But then I got attacked by several mosquitoes, so I moved to another bench. It was sooooo hot! My flatmate told me it was somewhere in the 30's. I almost laughed out loud.

I also received two care packages. Kevin, Michelle, and Karsie sent me a package with all kinds of great stuff like M&Ms, a bunch of pictures of Karsie (which I immediately attached to the wall), a fun booklet of pictures, hand sanitizer, punching balloons (which will be used quite soon)...all kinds of great stuff. I also got a package from my mom with all kinds of food items, recipes, mints, tortillas, pistachios...my family really knows me well! Thank you guys so much! It really meant a lot! I even got a card from Karsie. What penmanship for a 7 month old! Quite amazing!

So that brought my days up a lot. Plus, I got a call (although I didn't hear it, but I heard the message) from a toy store saying they wanted to interview me. Actually when I heard it, I was on a busy street and I couldn't understand what was being said. I had to go to my room, and look up where I had applied to. I didn't want to call him and ask, "So where are you, what was the job for, can you give me the address?" That would be a little embarrassing. So with a little research, I got it all figured out and called back, but it was after hours.

I also got a call from the preschool owner telling me she could offer me some work. It would not be full time, but there may be a chance to get more work later. So I was kind of excited. I called the toy store back, but the guy was not in, so I left another message. Kind of getting irritated with that. So now I have a choice, possibly, between two places. I think I know which way I want to go, but I want to wait a bit and see what happens. It is just nice I am getting some calls!

Also, yesterday, Alison and I just took a day out. We went to Sumner and to the beach. Yes it took us all this time to have a day to ourselves and even go to the beach. We sat out for a while, and I decided to brave the beach. It was kind of unique. There are not just one or two really big waves, but about 12 or 13 little waves going all the time. There are quite a few layers of just waves. Plus, when you go in, you could be standing in the same spot for a long time and at times it will be higher than your waist and other times to your ankles. It is really difficult to predict. I went all the way in, but didn't swim. It is kind of hard to swim in the kind of water. It was very cold too.

Then we went and got an ice cream cone and started heading back. Then we decided to go to the Gondolas, which we actually got a year pass. So we will probably go there every once in a while. It also includes going on the tram in town. Kind of fun. We were exhausted by the end of the day, but it was a really good day. The only thing that was weird is that we were both up at 3:00 am and for some reason could not go to sleep. Don't know what was happening there.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the package. Glad to hear that you maybe have a couple of job prospects. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was sumner like? Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you always getting attacked by animals.. hehehe.. JK - Alicia

    ReplyDelete