Monday, February 8, 2010

Difficult Possibilities

Saturday 1-30-10

So today I got up at 9:15 and got ready. Alison and I had a mission to find the Churches in the area. Most of them, we didn’t end up finding. Our search was by a map that had crosses on it, indicating churches in the area. Unfortunately, the map was over 30 years old, so some of the Churches were gone. Anyway, we did end up finding about 6 that were relatively close to us. It did take a while and it was hot and sunny, so we decided to sit by the river. A band was playing nearby. We found a bench, but it was not totally covered in shade, so we went to the other side. We found a bench and sat down. As soon as we sat down, we saw a bird with his legs up, dead, right across from us…really disturbing. So our first thought was “The other birds killed him!” We tried to ignore him for a while, but it was really distracting. Especially when everyone who passed us stopped, hesitated, or talked about it. The other live birds landed near us and kept coming closer to us and stared. Then they squawked really loud making us jump. We are really afraid of the birds here, as you have probably already noticed.

We then walked around Buskers Festival for a while looking at the things they were selling. I found a purse I liked, but walked away. Later, I decided to buy the purse, and it was gone. Then, later still, I found a guy who had the purse I wanted to buy. Kind of funny.

Then I called my mom. It was 6:30 pm Friday her time and 3:30 Saturday my time. I got a $2 for 2 hour deal for my phone, so it was really nice talking to her. Unfortunately my battery died before we were finished.

I then ran into Alison and we had a discussion. I wanted her to know that if I do get a job elsewhere, she should not feel obligated to follow me. I knew she really loved the city, as I do, but if I got a job somewhere else, I shouldn’t turn it down. More than likely I won’t get a job, but if it does happen, more than likely it will not be near here. Plus she probably will get that job and it will be hard to quit a job she just started. It was really hard talking about it and thinking we could be separated, but it needed to be discussed. Hopefully that won’t happen and I will get a job here, but we don’t know what is in store for us. It is kind of scary thinking about doing this completely on my own. Alison has been such a comfort to me and it has been so helpful having someone share these horrible and wonderful experiences. I have to admit this is getting really scary for me.

So then we went to find an ATM since I am running out of money. The machine did not accept my card. So I tried another one. Didn’t work. Then another, and another, and still another. I was getting panicky because I wasn’t sure what to do. So then I thought my pin was wrong. I checked. Nope, not that.

Well, we decided to have peanut butter sandwiches. So we got out the bread…and it was completely moldy! So we had to go back to the store to get bread. I tried my card one more time, and found out what I was doing wrong. I was so relieved when it said transaction accepted!

It was kind of a bummer day today, but there were really good things about it. Hopefully tomorrow will be looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment