Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Moving Back to the Unknown

Tuesday 2-9-10

I got up late, because I felt really tired. I tried to charge my computer, and it wouldn’t work. So I tried to charge Alison’s computer. Didn’t work. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I brought my laptop and carried it with me to the preschool so that afterwards, I could go to the library and charge it.

It took just over an hour to walk to the preschool. I got there, but no one was in sight. I can’t go in, because I need a code. So I waited until someone noticed I was waiting at the door. The owner noticed me and talked to me for a while. She said she would call my referees (references) and contact NZQA to make sure there was government funding for me.

Then the site director talked to me about what the daily schedule was like, among other things. So the preschool owner came in and said it would take 48 hours to know if they got government funding. Now I am getting a little worried that they won’t get the funding. What then? Do I not get to work for them? As I was there, I liked it more and more. I think I would enjoy working there and I really like the people. I guess I will just have to be patient. I just hate this unknown. Although you would think I would be getting used to it. Not me.

So then I walked back to the city and mailed my postcards. The lady gave me stamps to lick. I hate licking stamps. They are disgusting and I think you get 6 calories just by licking them. I tried to avoid it, but there was a big line behind me, so I just licked. Yuck!

Then I went through the Cathedral Square. A man was playing the recorder (the recorder looked like it had a goiter). It sounded pretty. There is always someone playing there: a recorder, violin, guitar, drums…

I went to the library. I actually was sitting across from a small man. I thought he was just short, until he stood up and I realized he was a dwarf. It kind of surprised me, but I have actually seen him around before. Then I tried to plug my computer. It wouldn’t charge. Then I looked at the converter and tried to charge my computer without my charger. I know it was risky, but it did work. So I found out the fuse in my charger blew up, and that was why nothing was working.

I also got another email from the science museum. They talked about what I would be doing, but I realized it was a volunteer based job. Well, if I am not getting paid, I really don’t want to be committed to it. At least not now.

Well, I sat and read my independent contract, then came back to the room. Alison told me the Pastor at the Pentecostal Church came to her restaurant! She avoided that table. Then Alison and I went to Subway, ate Hokey Pokey ice cream, and finished While You Were Sleeping. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment