Friday, February 26, 2010

Chores and Kiwi Life

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010

So I called the toy store a couple times and I still have not been successful in reaching the guy who called me. I don't know what is happening with that, but I am kind of thinking it won't work out.

Anyway, Alison and I met up after her work yesterday, and we went to get groceries. Shopping is a horrible chore for us, because the store is on the other side of town. We go and buy multiple things that, of course, weigh a ton. Then we try to stuff them in our bags which are already partially full. We buy a couple of plastic bags (5 cents each) that have to carry heavy things and we become worried the items will break through the plastic. Then we venture out of the store and hobble to the shuttle as the shuttle is already at the stop.

Well, the shuttle was completely full, but the driver told us we could go on. So we did. I was RIGHT next to the driver and tried to put the stuff on the floor and secure them with my feet and hold on to the pole for dear life. Then we have to pick up the stuff and walk the remainder or the way home (which is still pretty far). We put our stuff away and massage our poor muscles and fingers!

I am really tired. I have not been sleeping well for the past week. I don't know what is going on, but I am really sleep deprived. Just felt like mentioning that. Anyway, I was walking around the Gardens today and a guy said hello to me and asked where I was from. He was about to ask if I was from Holland. I thought that was just wonderful. Hee hee.

A couple weeks ago, a guy told Alison and I that it is interesting that we took off and decided to live hear for a year. He said he didn't think people from the United States typically did that. He told us it was more like the Kiwi way of doing things. We took that as a major compliment.

Well, there is really not much more to say. I will be putting up more pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. The Kiwi way? That's interesting. I think of it as the Tookish spirit--got to have adventue! Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete