Monday, February 8, 2010

Heading in a Different Direction

Monday 2-1-10

Happy February! Well, I got up at 9:15, read my Bible. Then I went downstairs so I could copy my CV for Preschools. Then we headed out. Alison went a ways with me, but headed to a cafĂ©. The plan was, I would call her and she wouldn’t answer. The call would indicate that I was coming and we would meet at the Cathedral Center.

So then I trekked alone to find a school. I found it without a problem, but I had to cross a motorway. I had trouble finding the office, but eventually came to it. The lady said I would be put on the list of relief teachers. My interpretation, “I will take your CV, but we don’t really need you.” Then I went to find the next school. I walked and realized I went too far. So I turned around and still couldn’t find the street to turn on. I noticed a small walkway and took the walkway to a street. It was the right street. I don’t know how cars could do it. So I walked to the office…and it was closed for several hours. So then I made my trip to the Science Museum. I made a CV specifically for them. I found it and went in. It was a section of a college that was open for kids and schools to explore. The lady asked what I wanted to do. I told her I was a teacher and needed a job. She said “Fair enough.” She said she would give it to the right people.

Then I called Alison and met her at Starbucks. All this took around four hours. I passed a Denny’s along the way! Anyway, we ate our peanut butter and fruit, and I changed my shoes (I put on band aids earlier to decrease the pain). Alison told me that the public library had free wireless Internet. HALLELUJAH! So we went over and stayed a couple hours emailing people, job-hunting, and blogging. I also got to chat with Kevin for a while on Skype! It was great, but I couldn’t actually talk to him, since I was in a library.

Then we put our bags away and walked to subway (our daily treat). Then we walked back to the room. Alison has a job interview tomorrow! Hopefully all goes well.

Phones keep going off! Two girls are texting, one in the room, and one out of the room. For the amount they are texting, they might as well call and talk. It is getting really annoying hearing all the clicking of the buttons and the loud BEEP BEEP all the time!

Sorry, just venting.

No comments:

Post a Comment