Friday, September 10, 2010

A Few Missing Days

Well, a lot has happened in a short amount of time, as I am sure many of you have heard. I am going to continue on as I have before, but I will try to go quickly so we can get to most recent events.

I am going to skip a couple of days from the last post, because not a whole lot happened.

Friday 10 August 2010

Today was a regular day at work, but at night, we were volunteers for the big Family Night at Church. The entire Church was transformed into rooms with lots of games. Alison manned the bean bag throwing and some other station. The lady in charge said she thought Alison could handle two jobs since she seemed so intellectual or something. I only had one job, so I don't know what that is saying about me...I manned the golf station in the Sanctuary. I did not have many kids come to my station. The part that was really sad was that to my right, there were two guys who were doing a soccer station, which was constantly busy. In front of me was a bounce house station which two ladies were responsible for and it was constantly busy. So I was kind of lonely for a while. Not only that, but I had to dodge and block balls constantly that were flying toward my face. It was quite frightening. I was talking to a child once, when someone hopped over to me. I immediately blocked my face assuming it was an oncoming ball. The girl gave me a strange look trying to figure out why I was so defensive, so I had to explain.

Above me, in the balcony, I heard Alister screaming, "Get that one! That one over there!..." He was doing the laser tag section. I watched his enthusiasm much of the time. It was quite hilarious. I was able to do the horizontal bungee run. That was interesting. I tried it three times.

Saturday 21 August 2010

At work, I have actually been getting the responsibility to profile children. This means that I have a set number of students (about 15) to write learning stories, put up pictures, and such and put them in a wee book. Today was our one year anniversary for the preschool being opened. All of the staff got together and ate tea. It was a huge meal, and I got a lot of leftovers. We had a whole lot of appetizers plus the main meal. Naturally, I was the only one who didn't drink alcohol, so I had orange juice instead. I've got to say, I really am liking juice!

Sunday 22 August 2010

Alison and I went to Church and then went to a concert we have been wanting to go to called Celebrating the Elements: Water. It was actually a very short concert and not worth the money, but it was still good. The funny part about the concert was that the guy on the very end of our row started falling asleep and snored. The guy in front of him was so mad, he turned around and yelled, "Your were snoring!" It was a very tense and awkward moment for all of us around them.

The last piece of music was very annoying. It was basically two repetitive notes for 20 minutes and very strange sounds. All of us were relieved when it was over. After the concert, we went home and sat in the living room. I put my head down to rest and Alister came and put a blanket over me! It was so sweet, so I said, "Thanks Dad!"

Monday 23 August 2010

Today was another normal day at work, but at night we were invited to a couple's house for dinner. They were really sweet and had incredibly fancy food. It was so pretty to look at. The dessert was the same way! It was amazing. Then, we talked for a really long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment