Friday, September 10, 2010

A Day in Nelson

This is a beautiful tree that I love.
Downtown Nelson. It was a very nice day.

Along the river in town.

A unique building, clock tower type thing.

A really low bridge that I smacked my head on! I guess I need a few more bruises!

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Believe it or not, this is the first day of Spring! It was pretty sunny too, just to make a statement. We all went together to say goodbye to me, and Alison's sister. I was the first to be dropped off. I got on the bus and drove all the way to Blenhiem (which was actually really cloudy and rainy). I switched buses and went to Nelson. I got there at 2:30, so I tried to find my hostel. I realised too late that I went the wrong way and had to work my way back to the city in the opposite direction. I found the hostel and was the only one in the room thus far. So (although I hate to admit this) I took an hour nap. I was so tired from this week and last. I then got up and went exploring. I went to the river and walked all the way to the shore (which wasn't really the shore) and couldn't go anymore. So I ate my dinner and wrote in my journal. Then I walked back to the hostel. It was pretty dark, and kind of spooky. I had to go under really low bridges and managed to bang my head quite hard. I ended up with three other roommates (thankfully all were girls). They were all decent, but one of the girls was constantly texting on her phone. I am a really light sleeper, so the click click click was really getting to me. It didn't help that there were a bunch of loud and obnoxious boys running from one end of the hall to the other just to knock on a door a run away. It was quite lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment