Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Day of Work

Monday 13 September 2010

Today went better than expected. It was the first day of school, and we had no idea what to expect. At first, it did not go so well. I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus. There is a button I can press to see how many minutes before the bus arrives. It said 2 minutes. After 4 minutes, I pressed the button again, and it said 12 minutes away. So I realised the bus was not going through this bus stop. So now I was in trouble. It would take me almost 1 hour 20 minutes to walk to work, but it was the only way to get there. So I started walking. I was a ways away when Anne and Alison were driving to work and saw me. They took me most of the way to work. I was still 10 minutes late, but not bad at all for what it could have been. The roads are still really messed up, so the buses aren't going through it. This means, I will have to walk to and from work until they get the roads fixed.

The kids did quite well for such a traumatic event. A couple kids have houses they can't live in. We did have an aftershock, but most of the kids didn't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment