Saturday, September 25, 2010

A New Kind of Normal

Tuesday 14 September 2010

I walked to and from work today. It was a long walk, but I enjoy walking. I had a mum ask me what my plans were when my visa expires. I said I didn't really have goals or plans at this point. I have no idea what the future holds. It is not looking so good in California, or in the States in general for work, but you never know. She asked if I could get my visa extended if my work was able to or if I had a sponsor. I said I really didn't know the process was or what is involved in it. Then she gave me the solution that everyone seems to give me, "Well, you just need to get married." She then apologised saying, "Look, now I am invading your life." She asked how old I was and said, "I am actually trying to think of someone who I know who might be around your age." I took it as a compliment. It was sweet of her to think of me that way. Well I mean that she would want me to stay in New Zealand.

So now we are trying to adjust to what Alister calls, a "New Normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment