Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Revenge of the Taxes

Thursday March 11, 2010

Well, yesterday was kind of a lazy day. Although it started with a blaring ring of Alison's cell phone that made me panic thinking it was mine. She has another job training/interview at another place on Friday at 5:00. All of a sudden she is quite popular with the restaurants. I couldn't go to sleep after that, but I did try. We realized that we probably won't see each other as I work from 10-3:30, but probably won't get back until 4:30. She starts at 5 (meaning she will leave at 4:30), but who knows when she will get back. It will be very late. We actually have not seen each other most of this week.

It was cold and raining, so I didn't go outside, even though I really wanted to. So I decided to do my taxes. I got ready, and the Internet died. I couldn't go on, so I shut down my computer and turned it back on later. It worked for a few minutes and then died again. So I quite and did other productive things...well, maybe not that productive...

Alison went to work at 2:00 pm, so I was alone for much of the time. It gets really lonely in the house. So I decided to do my taxes again when my mom was on skype. I talked to her, and she listened, because I really could not hear her much of the time. She would have to repeat and I would try to read her lips. We got to the point where she had to do letters in sign language so I could understand her. It was interesting.

After our conversation, I did my taxes...but I realized I did not have all the information I needed. So I emailed my mom for the information, but she wasn't there at the time. Without the information, it looked like I owed the government quite a bit of money. I really would like that info!!!

So I had to stop again and work on something else. All of a sudden, I get a phone call. It made me panic, but I answered it. I always get panicked when the phone rings. For those of you who know me, you know I hate the phone. I have never enjoyed talking on the phone. So, if I talk to you on the phone, take it as a huge compliment that I think it is worth it to talk to you. I love talking to people in person, but the phone is horrible.

Anyway, getting off the track, it was...the toy store. Who would have thought? They were telling me that they have not forgotten about me. He said he knew I was expecting a call yesterday (uh...can we say Friday?) but they haven't finished interviewing people yet, so they won't be able to tell me until Wednesday. So I am guessing I won't know for a month or two...

Well, then I went into the Living Room and all my flatmates (minus Alison) were there. It was one of my flatmates birthday and we were celebrating by cooking food. Okay, so our flatmate said it was her birthday and we got the impression we were going out to dinner. Well, everyone else seemed to know we were all going to make food. So one made Korean food, one made Indian food, one made chili and rice, and one had ice cream. So guess who felt like el cheapo guy? Yeah, that would be me. I felt like a jerk.

The food was good. We started off with the Korean food which was vegetarian dumplings and a potato pancake type thing with a spicy soy sauce. It was sooooo good. The Indian food was...some kind of ricy thing with vegetables, and pepper, and spicy something or other. I can't say I was the biggest fan of it. The chili was fine, but after the previous meals, I was so full! I couldn't eat anymore. I didn't even have ice cream. I did eat chocolate later though. So, quite a surprise for me.

So I went back to my computer, as my mom sent me the information and I tried to finish my taxes. I went to the website I needed, and they said they were doing construction until 2:00 am and I wouldn't be able to access it. So...I give up. Try again tomorrow...if it lets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment