Saturday, March 13, 2010

Avoiding Sickness

Sunday, March 14, 2010 or 14/3/2010

Okay, so some of you may have noticed that I added a "u" in the word color to make colours. I did this consciously, because I need to practise (yes I know this is spelled strange) the British spelling of words. So if you see something spelled strangely, it may be the British way of spelling. I am also thinking of just using this as an excuse to misspell. I am sure that I will be thoroughly confused with American and British spelling. I am trying to get used to the British spelling of words, since I am teaching little children. That way, it may become natural for me to spell the words correctly over here.

Anyway, there is not a whole lot to report on here. The past couple of days have been slow ones, because Alison is sick. I am scared that I will be to, as it is kind of hard to avoid close quarters. I didn't feel the best today, but I am hoping that is because of the lack of sleep. I had a really hard time sleeping, and a few flatmates banged the door several times to get in and out of rooms.

Yesterday was better. I went to the Cathedral Square to take pictures. There was a Maori group of high school students (I think) who were singing and dancing. I tried taking a video, which I may post later. I also went and found Alison's restaurant to take pictures. That was difficult to do as my camera was almost out of batteries and would not take proper pictures. I also tried to take a video of a bird fight, but I think I mainly got birds chasing each other. I think they got ticked at me, as one of them went above me and gave me a lovely present. I guess he got his revenge. I quickly rushed to the bathroom to be clean again.

Today, we went to the Baptist Church again. After that, I went to bed to get some rest. I didn't exactly sleep, but rested. I was glad I got apple juice earlier to kick up the Vitamin C intake a notch.

So there you have it. Our weekend. It was slow, but I think we needed it. Not a whole lot of fun, but a chance to try to get well again.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Alison is feeling better and you stay well. Congratulations on your nice warm present. Aren't birds nice? Love, mom

    ReplyDelete