Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to Work

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Soooooo...we were told by a flatmate that he saw no less than two mice in the kitchen when he got up. DISGUSTING!!! So now we have to figure out what to do. We are being very careful where we tread in the mornings (especially when it is dark).

The weekend was fine, but short. Alison was working, so we really didn't have a chance to go anywhere. We have decided to make the Salvation Army our Church. We are happy to finally have a home Church here.

We have also had a couple nights of wild partying. Well, not us, but people right outside our house. They are really noisy, crank up the music, and are obnoxious. We weren't the happiest of people when we have to get up early.

Yesterday I got up at 6:37 and dressed in the dark. I got everything together and tried to make the 7:30 free shuttle, but I just missed it. Unfortunately, they skipped the 7:40 shuttle, so I had to wait until the 7:50 shuttle. I still made it on time, but I had to walk a lot faster. While I was walking, I saw several people look at me, but I didn't think too hard on it, until I got to a mirrorlike window and saw that the shirt I was wearing was inside out. I quickly changed as soon as I reached the preschool. I guess that is what I get for dressing blindly. Plus I was wearing a skirt and of course it was crazy windy. Fortunately it was a long skirt and did not do things that would make me embarrassed. I also wore nicer shoes. The shoes were fine, but of course I worked mostly outside today and I got sand in them. I did not have socks, so the sand rubbed against my feet until I developed a nice, fat blister. Way to go Mandy.

Anyway, work was fine today. There was a girl who was a teacher in training who was there today. I kind of felt for her, because I know how it feels to be thrown in and have no idea what to do next. She asked me if she could sweep the floor at the end of the day, and I told her that there were floor cleaners that night who did it. Of course as soon as I told her that, the preschool owner started sweeping the floor. The reason was that she wanted to save the glitter or sparkles, but it made me feel like I was lying to the girl.

So I walked to the store to buy a couple things...mainly juice. Then I met Alison and we walked home and prepared dinner. We ate the last of our enchiladas (which wasn't very much) and made a side salad (which ended up being more like a main dish salad. We got a little carried away). Some of our tomatoes were going bad, so we had a lot of tomatoes in our salad. It was quite tasty though.

Well, today I do not have work, so I will be trying to open a bank account, attempt to figure out the vacuum again, and do a couple more chores. I can't have a day off and not have it be filled with a bunch of chores.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment