Monday, March 1, 2010

The Chocolate Fish Disaster

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This weekend has been nice, but really uneventful. I got an email telling me my family was going to Disneyland...WITHOUT ME!!! Well, I got to see some really cute pictures and it looked like they had a great time in and out of rain. I love that place! It is the best place in the world!

Anyway, I went to the Salvation Army Church on Sunday. It wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be tiny, like the Nazarene Church I went to, but it was quite a bit larger than that. The sermon talked about waiting. He even mentioned "Like waiting for a job." It felt like he was just speaking to me. I loved the music. I knew a lot of the songs. So now Alison and I are considering the Baptist Church and this Church. We will have to compare, by going again.

I have still been going to the Gardens every day. We have been eating salad a lot lately, because a lot of our stuff is going bad. Sadly enough, our avocados have suffered. We had to throw away a couple, much to our dismay. We have also been getting headaches frequently. We have decided it is the intensity of the sun. We took a long nap Sunday afternoon.

One night another flatmate came back from going to Queenstown for the weekend. She bought all of us chocolate. She actually asked Alison and I if we liked chocolate. We laughed at the absurdity of the question. So one of our flatmates is a vegetarian. He received the chocolate, but gave it back to her immediately saying there was fish in it. We all looked at each other and at him saying, "There is no way there is fish in there." He showed us on the wrapper that is said fish. We started laughing out loud and said the chocolate must be in the shape of a fish. He still wouldn't touch it until we opened it up, broke the chocolate revealing marshmallow or whatever it was, and showed him. Then he finally took it and ate it. We were laughing so hard at that point, just picturing a chocolate covered fish. Watch out for the bones!

Well, about the job situation. I have been trying to contact the toy store to get a hold of the guy who called me. I called him four times asking for him. Once the store was closed, but I left a message. The second time he wasn't there, so I left a message with someone. The third time I called, he still wasn't there, but I didn't leave a message. The fourth time, today, I called and he was busy with someone else and I left another message. FINALLY, he called me back today and asked if I could interview tomorrow. So I have an interview at 2:00 tomorrow (5:00 California time). I really hope I will know tomorrow if I get the job or not, so that I can get back to the preschool owner and figure out what to do. Sooooo...until tomorrow then.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate covered fish. Yuck! That would have been funny. Mom

    ReplyDelete