Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mt. Wellington and Around Hobart

Monday 1 November 2010

Happy Birthday Michelle!

Alison and I went to bed and a blinding light kept us from sleeping. There was a gap between the floor and the base of the door that was flooding light. So I put our backpacks there to dim the light. It took a while to sleep. There was a loud dripping noise that got louder as the night progressed. I have a blister on my feet!

Okay, enough of the complaining. We went to Elizabeth mall and sat down to eat breakfast. Then we waited for a shuttle. It was late, so we waited a while. The guide eventually go there, but he did not look all that excited to be there, and he sounded like he would much rather have a root canal than drive a couple people to Mt. Wellington. I don't even remember what he said along the drive.

He said the mountain top can get any weather at any time of the year and the wind speed was either 0 KPH or 150 KPH. It was SUPER windy, so I guess it was in the 150 KPH range. My jersey doesn't zip properly, so I had to wrap it around me and hold it, which made my hands freeze. my hood refused to stay up, so it made my head and ears freeze. We went all the way around the area and climbed up a bunch of rocks to get to the very top. We rushed down and got in the van. I think it was hailing slightly. Then we went down the hill and got lunch. We walked around Battery Point and then ate dinner. Alison then decided to plug in her charger. She turned on the power and there was a huge spark, a snap, and her cord completely disconnected. We have never had a problem with this. She was so nervous about taking pictures. It was a very discouraging night.

Alison and I freezing onb Mt. Wellington.

Views from Mt. Wellington.

More Views.

Battery Point

No comments:

Post a Comment