Saturday, December 4, 2010

Back to Melbourne

Tuesday 26 October 2010

We got our taxi early in the morning. This taxi driver had a set price, so there were no surprises as to how much it was going to cost. Finally, an honest taxi driver! The flight wasn't too bad. We arrived in Melbourne and got our tickets for the shuttle. Just as we got our tickets, the shuttle was about to leave. We ran over, but he put his hand out indicating no more passengers. We were sad, but it didn't take long for the next one. We went to the hostel and took care of everything before finding a Subway. We were so hungry.

After dinner, we were seriously ready for bed. We are not used to all this time zone changes (we changed another hour going to Melbourne). We were embarrassed getting ready for bed when other people were just getting ready to go out.

Alison got a bed that sank in places, and I had a bed that felt like there were wires everywhere! I also just feel like I am sleeping on a crate. I wrapped my blanket around myself like a mummy to pad my back. I found that sleeping on the very edge of my bed helps. How is it that we get such lousy beds?

No comments:

Post a Comment