Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lemon Squares Make It Better

Wednesday 7 April 2010

So I decided to clean the kitty litter, but had to do it outside as the rubbish bins were outside. I opened the door and carried the heavy kitty litter box outside. When I opened the door, the cat ran out. I think the owners said it was okay, but I was so scared he wouldn't come back. He did come back later on that day, but it really made me nervous.

On Tuesday, I had to wake up even earlier as it takes me longer to walk to work from this house than my flat. I got to work early and started off the day. It was really cold outside, and we had the kids play inside for much of the day. Only about half of the kids turned up; probably due to the Easter Holiday. A little boy was rolling up paper today and would give it to me saying it was for my mummy. It was thoughtful of him to think of my mum (as they would say it).

Since I was not able to pay rent on Monday (due to the closing of the bank), I had to run in and pay it on Tuesday. Next to the bank, there was some kind of fire alarm and evacuation. There were fire trucks and firemen all over the place. I never found out what happened, but there was some excitement over there.

Then I met Alison and went home. We found out the room we were staying in was painted, so we had to move to another room. We were warned that it was possible this would happen, but the way it was explained, it seemed like it wouldn't happen. So we changed rooms.

After this, we decided to make lemon squares. We had the ingredients out and started putting it together. I was making the crust, and had it in my head that I needed to have 1 cup of butter. Well, it was supposed to be 1/2 cup. I realized the crust looked strange. Fortunately, I discovered this before I cooked it, so I had to double the recipe. Oh well. Twice as many lemon squares for us. We will put it to good use.

So today, I heard a knock on the door. So I rushed down and met two guys who said they were going to be working on the house. So I went back upstairs and changed. They came at 8:30, and I did not want to stick around. So I left the house around 9ish and went to the Botanical Gardens. It is quite cold outside, but not as cold as yesterday. It is quite obvious that we are moving into winter very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Seasons? What are those? Heehee. -SPB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell the little boy thanks from mum.

    ReplyDelete