Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anzac Day

Monday 26 April, 2010



Saturday was a pretty good day, but it rained a lot. I went out for a walk in the rain, but as I did not bring an umbrella to New Zealand (genius I know) I got soaked. I stayed in the library for much of the time so that I could. There was one car accident and an arrest that I saw. Two guys were in handcuffs and the police officers were talking to them as they lowered them into the car.

One of our flatmates decided to clean the stove with acid. The stove was disgusting again (but not as bad as it had been). So now it is sparkling clean. It looks amazing. Let's see how long this lasts.

Yesterday was Anzac Day. There was a celebration at the Cathedral, but it was at 6:00 am, and I actually didn't know anything about it. Although, that is stinkin early! In Church, we got to sing the New Zealand National Anthem in Maori and English. Actually, we also sang God Save the Queen, but the music sounded like another national song for the States. It was kind of funny to sing it.

Today was pretty good. It started off great, when my favorite shuttle driver was driving. He always says hello to me and plays music that is pretty. Kind of like Celtic singing, but there is other stuff too. Well, after one of the songs played, I recognized the next song. It was a song that I learned here in a couple of the Churches and I love the words:

Here I am Lord,
Is it I Lord,
I can hear you calling in the night.
I will follow,
If you lead me,
I will hold your people to my heart.

There are versus that have really good words, but the chorus is the only one I have memorized. It was really cool to hear that song on the bus in the morning. It set the rest of my walk.

Well, that is about it for now. I will post more pictures a little later.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment