Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunday Songs

Sunday 16 August 2010

We headed into town and Alison got reservations. Last night, she booked a trip to Hamner Springs starting tomorrow. Then I turned in a library book that I have attempted to read for 2 months! I didn't even get a 1/4 of the way through the book.

We went to Church and I was handed two pieces of music that we were singing today for Church. I had no idea when we were singing, so I just watched everyone else for instruction.

Someone asked us if we would volunteer for Family Night this Friday. We agreed. We really have no idea what is going on then or what we are doing, but we will be there. We quickly went home to eat a light meal and then went to the retirement home. We set up the place a bit. The brass band was playing as well. We kind of alternated. The band would play, then we would sing...The end song, we played and sang together. It was kind of interesting, because a few people are in the band and songsters. So they had to go back and forth after every song.

It was actually really fun. I talked to several people afterwards. One of the guys in the band mentioned he was Justice of the Peace and that I needed to get married so I could stay here. Well, fat chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment