Friday, August 6, 2010

Pictures Through Cape Reinga

Here are the kauri trees. They don't look all that spectacular, but they only grown in this particular part of the world, so they are very rare trees.
This is part of the 90 mile beach. It would probably look cooler and more fun when it isn't raining like crazy.

Here are some of the brave souls who decided to go sand surfing in the rain.

Here is the lighthouse at the northernmost tip of New Zealand.

I think this is over the Tasman Sea. The sun was just peeking out through the clouds.

The left side of this is the Pacific Ocean and the left is the Tasman Sea.

It just looked so beautiful with the sun and clouds, so I decided to take a picture or two of this.

This is by far my favourite picture. I was trying so hard to get this picture and Mom was trying so hard to get this off her face so she could see. Several people enjoyed the entertainment!

1 comment:

  1. Getting the cape off my face was quite the challenge. It won a few rounds, but I won the war--with the help of you and Alison. It helped that the sun came out and the wind died down. Miss you, mom

    ReplyDelete