Monday, August 16, 2010

Rain and Dinner

Saturday 17 July 2010

Happy Birthday Karsie! My neice is one year old today! Okay, so I know this is a bit confusing. First of all, it technically isn't your birthday since it is 17 July here and only 18 July where you are. The thing that makes it more confusing is that it is not July at all when I am writing this, but I am writing about the day that is on your birthday, so Happy Birthday nonetheless!

Mom and I got up planning on hiking up the peninsula to the seal sanctuary. It was raining quite hard, so that cancelled our trip. A girl from Holland was planning to do the same thing. So we stayed in the lounge and talked. She taught us a couple card games and talked about her travels (particularly India and Morocco).

After sitting a while, I had to move, so Mom and I braved the rain. We walked around town for a while. Then we went back to the hostel. Then we went to the bus to go back to Christchurch. We got back and my boss's husband picked us up to have dinner with their family. They are such a neat and fun family. Their two year old daughter was so excited to see me and kept coming up and jumping or hugging me. Their five and ten year old daughter had "surprises" for me and showed me these things they had. For dinner, we had lamb shanks. We at so much food, and they even had dessert. It was so good! We asked how they met, and they had such a cute story. It was so good spending time with them and having my mom meet people who I work with.

Then my boss's husband drove us home. Mom had major packing to do. She is leaving tomorrow. I just don't want to think about it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment