Monday, August 16, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Sunday 18 July 2010

My mom was able to pack everything in her suitcase. She really had to rearrange everything well, because...I was making her take a bag of mine back to the States. I took more than I needed, and I wanted to have a better trip back to the States than I had coming here. So I basically took the essentials for the rest of my trip and gave everything back. So my really obese bag was coming home with Mom. I was afraid of the weight, because Mom did have restrictions. So I brought my backpack and an empty bag to carry stuff back.

Anne and Alister dropped us all off at our favourite Cafe Metro. We stayed there and talked for a while. Ruth was back! I don't remember if I ever mentioned Ruth, but she is the most amazingly sweet lady. She was our main reason for coming to the Church for a while. She had been gone for 2 months and we missed her terribly. Mom got announced as a visitor and several people introduced themselves to her.

After Church, Mom and I walked around a ways and even had a quick look at The Gathering (a section with booths of things to sell).

Then Alister drove us to the airport. He got a trolley for us and we checked in. The bags were overweight, but they didn't charge us, so we got really lucky. I was so ecstatic. We asked when Mom would have to leave. We found out we could stay together until 3:00. So that is exactly what we did. We walked around the airport several times and talked. When 3:00 came around, it was hard to get motivated. We had several hugs until she absolutely had to go through the line and disappeared. It was hard seeing her leave. I went to catch a bus, and as we left the airport, I saw her plane.

I went to Alison's cafe. She saw me and gave me a hot chocolate. It was really good. Afterwards, I just went home and organised our room. It was quite messy after our major trips. Tomorrow, I start my first day back at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment