Sunday, August 15, 2010

Finally in Christchurch

Thursday 15 July 2010

After all this time, Mom finally got time to spend in the city (in daylight) I live in, Christchurch. I took her to Cathedral Square and we walked to New Reagent Street, which is a cute touristy area where the building match each other on either side of the street. It was a shopping area, but most things were not open during this time.

We then went back to the Cathedral Square, and the Maori dancers were out, so she got to see the singers and dancers. She got to experience things that I experience everyday, being in Christchurch. We went to the Art Gallery, the Canterbury Museum, and of course the Gardens. We did not have a whole lot of time in the Gardens, but I got to show her most of the areas and all of my favourite areas. It was sad she didn't get to see the Gardens in the spring, so but it was pretty nonetheless. It was fun showing her things I love. Now she has a view of where I live and how I live.

We were able to do a little souvenir shopping. We ate ate Dimitris, the amazing Greek restaurant. She loved it, so she requested going back there. We went back home and had hokey pokey and mini pavs. It was an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment