Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Almost to the Present

Monday-Wednesday 2-4 August 2010

I was asked to work today until 4 and from 8 to 4 tomorrow as well as Wednesday. So now I get more hours. A little boy was saying something today about my face (he was playing around with a bug and saying it was landing on my face). So I asked the girl next to me how my face looked. She put her hand on me and said, "Beautiful." Leave it to a child to make me feel special. The preschool director was telling me that her son (who goes to the preschool) was watching a show with a character named Mandy. She did not know the characters names, so it confused her when her son said, "You know how Mandy doesn't have a nose?" When she asked, "Mandy at the preschool?" He said, "No, no. Not my Mandy." Oh, I love kids.

Thursday 5 August 2010

Alison and I continued working on our Australia trip. We got some reservations and last minute flights we needed. It was so frustrating. We just want this planning to be over! We planned to make lemon squares, but had no eggs. So we really didn't feel like a lot got done today.

Friday 6 August 2010

I got another parcel from Jim! This time, the focus was on Mexican food! Bless you! He knew that he would miss Mexican food the most, and that is what we really miss. So we had ingredients for enchiladas. We are so excited.

Saturday 7 August 2010

Today was such a lazy day. Really nothing got done. Today is a major game for Rugby in New Zealand. It was All Blacks vs. Wallabies (New Zealand vs. Australia). The game is in Christchurch. Alister got invited to the game, so he was really excited. Anne, Alison, and I watched a little of the game. Mostly the beginning that showed the Hakka (don't really know how it is spelled).

Sunday 9 August 2010

We went to Church and back home to work on our Australia trip. For as much as we are doing, we don't feel like anything is getting done. Today, Alison and I were invited to a couples house for Tea (we will probably go sometime next week).

Monday-Saturday 10-15 August 2010

I worked from 8-4 again and was asked to do the same Tuesday. My 8-4 schedule actually lasted all week. I came in everyday. One of the ladies who works here is out on holiday to see her first grandchild. So I took her group and have been teaching them. I taught them the Apple and Banana song and they love it. The Preschool director heard the song and said the children are starting to sing in American accents.

On Monday night, Anne, Alison , and I went to a ladies event. There was a lady who talked about colours and chose Alison to see what her colours were. She took a really long time and tried to have us figure it out, but she actually got confused. She finally decided Alison was "spring" and "autumn", but I honestly couldn't tell the difference with some of the colours. I guess that is why I am not a colour consultant. I didn't really think about the fact that that could actually be a job. Afterwards, there were crafts available. I decorated a box, and made a card. It was quite fun.

On Wednesday, I went to songsters and found out we are singing for a retirement home on Sunday. I don't know any of these songs well as I am sight reading, but I will be participating nonetheless. After practice, a guy in the brass band asked when I was going to play in the brass band, since they need more women (the brass band practices after the songsters). I said, I didn't have an instrument, and they said that wasn't an excuse. Good luck to them to try to make me play a brass instrument. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. I have never had the talent to make a pleasant sound out of a brass instrument.

On Saturday, I had the house to myself. Anne and Alister were doing the TranzAlpine Train ride, and Alison was working until pretty late. So I just did laundry, attempted to catch up on my blog, and posted lots and lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment