Friday, November 19, 2010

One Day in Melbourne

Saturday 23 October 2010

So those girls got up very early this morning. They must not sleep. We went downstairs to eat breakfast. We had a lot of fruit to consume before the flight. We had 2 emergency apples and 2 punnets of strawberries. The apples had really thick skins and it took forever to eat. It felt like we had 1,000 strawberries. Wei love strawberries, but eating them all at once...Alison quit on me, and I was NOT about to waste them. I may not look at a strawberry the same way again. I love them, but I hope I don't have some toxicity level of something for eating so many.

At the terminal, they told the people who sit in the back of the plane to turn left, so we can board the plane at the rear. Well, there was no place I saw to turn left. We seemed to be the only idiots who couldn't figure out where to board the plane. The flight was only an hour, but it was a little delayed due to Melbourne traffic. When we got outside, it seemed more like a warehouse than an airport. We had to exit through a spinning gate. We got to the hostel and checked in. I thought this was the hostel where we would have a multi gendered room, but we ended up having a room to ourselves. YEAH! By the way, we went to Melbourne. Actually, we were in St. Kilda. There are a lot of restaurants and cafes in this area. We walked along them when...a mouse ran by us. We stopped dead in our tracks and inched our way forward, letting the mouse take the lead. We left a considerable distance between us and the mouse. The mouse was looking for a way into different places, but couldn't fit. Then it went to a corner, hopped up, and disappeared. Alison and I kind of stared, horrified. We made a resolution never to eat at the restaurant.

We stopped at a cafe for a while. I actually left first and paid for both of bills apparently. When Alison left, they made her pay as well. I told her what happened, and she went back to them, and got her money back. A bit unorganised if you ask me.

When we got back to the hostel, we went to bed. My bed was missing a slat, so when I sat on it, I sank...a lot. As I was sitting, another slat fell off. So I almost touched the floor! Well, I put that back in, but it was interesting during the night. I would turn and sink in unusual places. Alison said her bed was horribly uncomfortable. My pillow felt like it had scales in it. Very strange hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment