Friday, November 19, 2010

Going to Adelaide

Thursday 21 October 2010

We got up at 3:57 am. A very vile hour. We stood outside, and it was raining. We were told to put the keys under the door. It was not easy. There was no crack under the door, but this brushlike textures kind of made us nervous. There was hair and furry stuff under there. It took several minutes to get the keys under. As we waited for the shuttle, a bird started moaning. It got louder and louder. The pitch got higher until it sounded like it was screaming. I was going to record it, but it ran into the middle of the street. The shuttle came and it took 10 minutes to get to the airport. We had to wait a while to board the plane. The guy next to me and a guy a couple rows back kept making animal noises. It was very odd.

We landed in Adelaide. We picked up the shuttle to our hostel. Although we were dropped off at our hostel, the reception was on the opposite side of the street. So we got in, adjusted our bags, and took off. We walked through a mall area and tried to decide what to do. We went to an art gallery. Now, Alison is a great appreciator of art...well, a lot of art. I...am not. I enjoy making fun of it more than anything. I am not an art gallery person, so...going to the gallery was interesting. There was one area in particular that was unique. There was one of a monkey/woman thing feeding a baby. Alison went in first. When I came in, she was looking at me, and apparently my face really made her laugh. The problem was, it was one of those echo rooms that made any sound louder. So of course we were trying not to laugh, and of course not laughing was making it worse. I tried to cough it out, and the sound reverberated everywhere, which made us laugh even harder. We had to leave that room quickly. There was a girl there who was probably disgusted with us. There were several other rooms that forced me to bite my tongue.

After that, we went to a museum with Aboriginal artifacts. Then we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was really pretty, but not as big as I expected. Adelaide is a really nice city. I really like it here, even though it is really small and you can do it in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment