Friday, November 19, 2010

Continuing Adelaide

Friday 22 October 2010

Our beds were really comfortable. We got up to go to Glenelg. It is a beach area, so we got our togs ready for a day in the sun. We got on the tram, and it was cold. Of course. We walked on the pier, took pictures, and walked along the shops. It is a cute area, but not a whole lot to do. We ended up sitting in a cafe (that had amazing pastries by the way). I really like pastries in case you couldn't tell.

We went to Tandonya Aboriginal Art, which is a cool shop of Aboriginal Arts and crafts. We went to the food market and bought two punnets of strawberries. We were really excited.

Alison got a text from Tiger Airways telling her to print her boarding pass. Apparently, this airline wanted us to print our boarding pass, or else we would have to pay $25 for them to print it upon check-in. So ridiculous. We have heard several people make comments on this airline. We have three flights with them, so we were a bit nervous. We tried to print off all our boarding passes, but only two of them were available, because our last ticket was a little over a week away. Well, it cost about 20 cents per copy, but 20 cents is much cheaper than $25.

Then we went to a museum. I really liked this museum. It was science, so not surprising. Fossils, ocean life, minerals...right up my alley.

So every city we are in, the weather seems to turn on us. We left and though we were in the clear for stuff happening. We just walked a little ways when a guy stopped me to ask if I could direct him (and a couple other guys) to a bar. The guy who asked me already looked like he had too much...of something. He was kind of slow and his eyes were unfocused. Then it started raining on us. We continued walking and there were these girls who were shouting out profanities. We just went past. I don't know if they were shouting at us or what.

We went to bed, but at 11, two girls came in and turned on the lights. I put the sheets over my head, but I couldn't breathe. I tried covering my eyes. Nothing would help. One girl took the bed under mine. She must have spent over 45 minutes just looking through her bag. It was so noisy! Then she and her friend would talk. It was well after 12 when they finally turned off the light, and even then they didn't go to bed. They kept typing...

No comments:

Post a Comment