Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Changes

Wed. 16 June 2010

I guess it has been about a week since my last post. I have been struggling with bad congestion and heavy coughing. It doesn't help that we were in a freezing cold flat. I was hacking all over the place. One of our flatmates gave me some medicine. It was really sweet.

I also did some babysitting. It was actually a really easy job. There were three girls. One girl went to bed as soon as I arrived, another went to bed 1/2 hour later, and the last girl went to bed 45 minutes after that. So I was in the house keeping an eye on them for over an hour. It was a nice babysitting time.

So the big news is, we moved! It was difficult to pack and tidy up the room. We needed to get everything back in our suitcases. Unfortunately, we accumulated several things, so we had more to pack in than we originally had. It was pretty embarrassing. We texted the Captain and said that we had more stuff than we thought, and we would follow him on the bus. He told us he was coming. He and his wife each drove a car, so we were able to fit everything in. It was so nice, and we were so embarrassed for having so much stuff.

We made it to their house and unpacked everything. It is a smaller room, but so much nicer. We were able to put everything away and then have tea (dinner). It was fish and chips.

Our life here has been so nice. It is so much warmer, the beds are amazing, the pillows are amazing...We have really been enjoying being here.

If there is a downside, it is the distance. The house is a lot further away from everything. It takes about an hour to walk to the city centre and 1 1/2 hours to walk to work. So I will definitely be getting my exercise. I guess it is good, because we will probably not be eating quite as healthy as we had in our flat. The meals have been amazing though. We haven't worked everything out yet, but we will. We have a key now, but there is an alarm, so that will be scary. We have dealt with alarms before...

As for the weather, it has been sunny and raining and hailing all in the same day. Always unpredictable, but it has been nice usually. Tonight it is supposed to get down to -1 degrees C, so it will be quite cold. Going to work, I walk in the dark and in the frost. Just wanted to get that out there. Pretty soon, I will get to say that I had to walk to work in the snow.

Well, I guess that is about it for now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment