Monday, May 31, 2010

Raining

Tuesday, 1 June 2010 (First day of Winter)

So for the past week, I have stayed close to home. It has been raining like crazy. I was told that we were supposed to get 1/3 of our annual rainfall in this week alone. So it has been freezing and raining. Also, Alison has been gone. I did not get called in at all except for the two normal days that I work. So it really has been a lonely week.

I only went out to go to the library and check out a few books on New Zealand and Australia. I had a goal of figuring out everything I wanted to see in Australia before Alison got home, so that she could look into what she wanted to see. Then we could plan our last trip to Australia by comparing what we want to see.

As for Alison, she went to Queenstown, Milford Sound, and Wanaka. She was going to be gone 7 days, but she said there was really nothing to do, as the towns were small. Oh, except for bungi jumping. Yeah, she got the courage to do the bungi jump. She showed me all the pictures. She said it was raining and snowing, so there was not much to do outside. She cut her trip short by two days and returned early. She told me that the roads started closing, so she was nervous that she would not be able to return home like she thought. Fortunately, she was able to come back.

So we have a new flatmate. She moved into the room that has been vacant for a couple months. Apparently, she moved in with one of our flatmates for a couple days, then she decided to move into the empty room. I am not sure how that goes, especially as we are not supposed to have people sleeping over.

So that is about it I guess. Not a lot to report on. I have worked two days so far this week. I don't know about the rest, but I am not too hopeful that I will work any of them. Next week, the Captain is coming home, and hopefully we will get to move in that weekend. We are still hoping that someone will take our room, but no one seems interested. At least at this point. We will still be able to move in, but we had money in a bond that we will get back if someone takes the room before we leave. Keep us in your prayers. We need all the money we can get at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment